Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Aamir resigns from copyright Act panel

Aamir Khan has given his resignation from the committee reviewing the proposed amendment in copyright laws which includes Boney Kapoor, Javed Akhtar, Bhushan Kumar, Vishal Bhardwaj, Madhu Mantena, Mukesh Bhatt and Prasoon Joshi headed by Kapil Sabil.



In his letter to Sibal, Aamir wrote that though he felt he had a lot to contribute, “I cannot make any meaningful contribution in this atmosphere. Aggression of this type leaves me feeling very disillusioned and sad and I am unable to function.” Aamir also appreciated the move to amend the copyright law. He told Sibal, “I believe that amendments to the Copyright Act are long overdue. I believe that the changes that you are bringing about in the sphere of education are so dynamic, progressive and positive, that I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that you will do the same in the field of copyright.”