Thursday, February 11, 2010

I miss my dad: Karan Johar

"Crisis can truly be an eye opener...you know who stand tall with you and realize those who don't...so much I have learnt today...(I) miss my dad," Karan posted on his Twitter account. Karan Johar's father and veteran film-maker Yash Johar died in 2004.



"My Name Is Khan" was dragged into a controversy when Shiv Sena protested actor Shah Rukh Khan, the main lead in the movie, for his comment on the inclusion of Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League.
The Shiv Sena has been vandalizing theaters since Tuesday and has said that it will not allow the film to be released unless Shah Rukh apologizes...
On the other hand, MNIK is constantly being compared to 3 idiots every single day.
An angry Karan comments,
"I don't know why write-ups around one film taking a bigger opening than another or whether MNIK would be able to reach the highest slot when it comes box office openings keep appearing without any rhyme or reason. The kind of films that we are seeing today are all different from each other. Veer was different from 3 Idiots, just like My Name Is Khan is different from Veer. You can't be comparing a Guzaarish with a Kites. Or you can't be picking up a Raajneeti and start drawing comparisons with 3 Idiots. This is why I don't like the entire comparing business because all films are different from each other."