Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rakhi threatens to go on hunger strike


Continuing her revolt against the Censor board Rakhi Sawant has declared that she would go on bhook-hartal against them.
Rakhi says,""Fearlessly I've sent a legal notice to the censor board. This is the first time something like this has happened. Others do chamchagiri of the censor board. Not me. I'm Rakhi Sawant. Main ishwar ki beti hoon (I'm god's daughter).

The censor board has done me injustice by deleting the word 'kameeni' from my song. I won't take it lying down. Dharmendra has been saying the word 'kameeney' for years. Vishal Bharadwaj's 'Kaminey' came, were the censors asleep?"
She has openely blamed the censor board for being partial towards Vishal Bharadwaj.
"There're heroines doing love-making scenes with their bare backs showing. Bharadwaj's films invariably have characters mouthing 'maa-bahen galis'. If Rakhi Sawant sings 'Kameeni tera bhoot chad gaya re', the censor board gets stung. The song has been produced by my company Faith Inc and I'm being damaged."
Read full story here