Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Salman Khan participates in Derby Race

Moving a step forward from all other promotional events, Salman Khan had arranged a 'Veer' Derby race.
Everyone present at the event - from chaiwalas to stall owners, from people placing bets to those who just came to engage themselves,and ofcourse a huge flock of media-men everyone was talking about Salman Khan. As soon as Salman entered, the race course was filled by Veer songs and the screens displayed Veer's trailors.

Sporting a Veer jersey and riding his White rose Salman managed to cross the finish line first.
He said,"My lagaam broke just before the race, and I was scared. I wasn't so sure if Wild Rose would be controllable, and wondered what if she went wild and took me riding for 15 rounds! Luckily, none of that happened. Also, I didn't win. I'm not fast at rising. My fellow jockeys helped me win. They purposely rode slowly so that I could be ahead of them."
Veer Actress Zarine Khan was also present for this event. Salman brother Arbaaz Khan and sisters Alvira & Arpita were also seen cheering for him.
To watch the highlights of this race click here